The ANV-S2-FV is an exceptionally robust, highly qualified, vehicle installed gamma radiation monitoring system for use in first responders applications, military personnel peace keeping operations, anti-terrorist activities and by other government specialist bodies to detect the residual radiation resulting from a nuclear weapon detonation.
The equipment consists of a number of fixed gamma radiation detectors mounted in strategic positions, both inside and outside the vehicle. The sensor technology employed provides a wide detection range which provides rapid automatic warning when entering a nuclear radiation environment and continues to monitor and report on-going dose and dose rate information.
Features of the system include:
- Ruggedised, reliable, small, lightweight modular system
- Fully qualified to military standards
- Up to 3 detectors, capable of aiding the location of the radiation threat, if positioned appropriately on a vehicle
- Extended detection range from background up to RADIAC levels
- No internal radioactive sources
- Low through life costs