These dosimeters monitor and measure the personal dose equivalent Hp(10) and personal dose equivalent rate Hp(10) from both gamma and X-ray radiation.
Their ability to compensate for the energy variations in the range from 10 keV upto 20MeV allows these personal dosimeters to make extremely accurate measurements.
The dosimeters' unique characteristics allow users to monitor personal irradiation levels from photon radiation sources, preventing overexposure. The instruments are highly sensitive and can register even the slightest changes in the natural background radiation.
- Monitoring and measuring the gamma and X-ray dose and dose rate across a wide energy range up to 1 Sv/h (100 R/h);
- Alerting the user via an audible alarm when the preset dose and/or dose rate thresholds are exceeded;
- Recording and storing data for up to 1000 events in their non-volatile memory;
- Transmitting all recorded data via an infrared channel to a PC for further processing and analysis.
- In order to protect the user from overexposure, the dosimeters have two alarm thresholds.
- The instrument's hermetic and shockproof case and the fluorescent backlight on LCD screen allow for easy operation and precision even in the most harsh and unfavorable environments or weather conditions.
In addition to the functions of the PM1621/PM1621A precursor models, the PM1621M/PM1621MA models offer an additional build-in vibration alarm and utilize Polimaster proprietary advanced search algorithm for detection and location of radioactive materials. The instruments are unique hybrids of an electronic dosimeter (ED) and a GM-based personal radiation detector (PRD). The PM1621M/MA are ideal low cost solutions for the law enforcement agencies and first responders as the instruments allow users to focus on the urgent and immediate tasks while the detectors continuously monitor the radiation levels.